Junior Social Media and Communications Manager
Europa Media is seeking an innovative, creative, open-minded and goal-oriented person to join our exciting and fast-growing team. We are looking for a Junior Social Media and Communication Manager who will manage the media campaigns of our European projects on social platforms and will create new and effective ways to extend our existing social media routine with the supervision of our Marketing Specialist.
The successful candidate will manage on a daily basis the social media accounts of several EU research and innovation projects covering a wide range of topics (entrepreneurship, international cooperation, renewable energy and energy efficiency, environmental technologies, climate change, etc.) and will support our Marketing Specialist in creating innovative and compelling social media strategies that connect our partners and clients with our projects and services.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Update and improve consistency of current and outdated content.
- Help develop and execute social media strategies.
- Help develop, manage company and project websites, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter accounts.
- Write, proofread, and edit posts, blog posts and articles.
- Write for a variety of audiences in different tones and voices.
- Collaborate with internal departments on projects.
- Demonstrate interest in social media and how media and communication strategies can continuously engage the online community.
Education, Skills and Experience:
- Experience in online communication, or pursuing a degree in either marketing or communications.
- Strong understanding of website metrics, data analysis, and reporting tools.
- Ability to multi-task, manage multiple projects and balance competing priorities.
- Self-starter with a strong work ethic and willingness to take initiative and be proactive.
- Comfortable working with different personalities, new people and subject matter experts.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft, Excel, and Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign).
- Knowledge of social media and personal experience with social media.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently on projects and also collaborate as a strong team member.
Location: Europa Media’s offices in Graphisoft Park in Budapest, Hungary
Duration: 6 months full-time job with a possibility of full-time hire at the completion of the 6 months.To apply to the position, please send your CV and a creative introduction about yourself, your motivation for applying and a summary of your past achievements in any format you find suitable. Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Junior Social Media and Communication Manager ”.
Closing date of application: 19 September 2016
EU Project Manager
EMG Group plc is a group of SMEs active in EU research and innovation projects and in training and capacity building programmes on EU project development and management. Two of the EMG Group’s companies have been successfully conceiving and implementing EU funded research and innovation projects over the past 17 years:
- Geonardo Environmental Technologies Ltd.: a leading SME in Central and Eastern Europe providing services in the energy, environment and sustainable development fields. Geonardo is intensively involved in EU funded projects in the renewable energy, energy efficiency, raw materials, climate change, and resource efficiency fields. www.geonardo.com
- Europa Media Non-profit Ltd.: a non-profit SME active in European Union affairs, in particular in EU research and innovation policies, programmes and projects. Europa Media is intensively involved in EU funded projects and EC contracts in international research cooperation, lifelong learning, ICT, entrepreneurship, and training and capacity building fields. www.europamedia.org
The EMG Group is now looking for an ambitious and talented Project Manager with a passion for developing innovative project concepts and managing our ongoing projects under EU programmes, in particular the Horizon 2020 research and innovation framework programme.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Managing EU funded projects including the coordination of project partners and handling of the technical, administrative and financial issues as well as network building and dissemination and exploitation of the project results;
- Developing competitive project proposals under EU programmes, in particular the EU’s research and innovation programme Horizon 2020;
- Contributing to the preparation of bids for EC tenders on as-needed basis;
- Providing active support to other project managers in their day-to-day tasks related to the implementation of their projects.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Higher education degree;
- At least three years of relevant professional experience;
- Direct experience in developing and/or managing projects under EU programmes;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English;
- Excellent analytical and drafting skills to produce proposals and reports;
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a small team;
- Willingness and ability to travel.
Desirable Skills and Qualifications
- Sound knowledge and understanding of the EU funding system;
- Direct experience in managing EU-funded research and innovation projects under relevant programmes such as FP6/7/H2020, CIP/COSME, LIFE+ or LLP/ERASMUS+.
What We Offer
- A competitive compensation and benefits package;
- Opportunity to take part in international research and innovation projects;
- Opportunity to advance in the EU project development and management field;
- A great working environment at a technology park and within a young and international team.
Starting Date, Duration and Place of Post
This is a full-time post foreseen to start in September 2016 with a probationary period of 3 months. The place of post is Budapest, Hungary. The candidates shall be preferably based in Budapest or willing to invest in the necessary move to Budapest.
Interested candidates should submit their application by email with the subject “Project Manager” to email@example.com along with:
- A motivation letter explaining how their profile matches the skills and qualifications required for the position;
- A curriculum vitae;
- Contact information of two references.
Only those applications which meet the required skills and qualifications will be considered. Short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview.
Closing date of application: 31 July 2016
EU Project Manager Trainee
Europa Media is always interested in talented young professionals with a passion and inclination for learning more about EC project development and management issues.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assisting in project proposal development
- Interacting with international clients/project partners
- General supporting helpdesk tasks
- Preparing project reports
- Excellent English written and oral communication skills
- Flexible and teamwork oriented
- General understanding of EU policies, EU institutions and EC funding is an advantage
- Experience in project proposal development is an advantage
If you are confident your skills match the above requirements and you are ready to turn your theoretical knowledge into practice, then please send a Motivation Letter, and your Curriculum Vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org.